Home Health Aides
At Sara Companion HomeCare Services, we offer a variety program opportunities for our Aides to achieve their most ambitious career objectives. You will also find competitive salary/benefits, a team incentive bonus, great co-workers and a work environment where employees are respected and a job well done is appreciated. Whether you are interested in working part time or full time, we would like to hear from you.
As a Home Health Aide your essential duties are as follows:
- Assist patients with personal care needs: bathing, elimination needs, transferring, dressing /undressing, and ambulation together with any household task (e.g., making bed, changing linens, laundry, light housekeeping, etc.) essential to the patient’s health in accordance with the patient’s individualized care plan.
- Plan/prepare nutritious meals and assist in feeding patients as directed.
- Document services provided in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with company policy and personal care plan. Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Measure and record patient’s temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered and/or directed by the RN Supervisor and personal care plan.
- Report any changes in the patient’s condition or incidents to RN Supervisor or therapist in a timely manner.
- Carry out other duties that may be assigned.
- Competitive Salaries
- Time and half pay for Holidays
- Time and half for overtime pay
- Health Benefits and more.
- Education and Training
- Positions are available in Nassau County, Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx
- Hourly and Live-In assignments are currently open
- Flexible Schedules Available – weekdays, weekends, days and nights
- Male and Female applicants are welcomed to apply
- Home Health Aide (HHA) certificate issued by a NY State certified program, required or depending on the position…
- Personal Care Attendant (PCA) certificate issued by a NY State certified program, required
- 3 – 6 months experience working with the elderly and/or disabled
- Subject to a background check
- Annual physical/PPD/MMR Drug Screening
- Minimum of 2 business references required
- Must speak and comprehend English
- Bilingual is a Plus (Spanish, Hindu, Korean, Chinese, Punjabi, Urdu, Italian, Russian, etc.)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
In Addition, other Currently Open Positions at SARA include (please click link to download a full description):
If you wish to apply, please submit your information in the form below.
Sara Companion HomeCare Services is an equal opportunity employer.