Home Health Aides
Positions available 24/7 in Nassau County and the 5 Boroughs of New York City.
Note – There is a great need for Certified HHAs on weekends. Please call 516-837-3388 Immediately if you are Available to work weekends.
At Sara Companion HomeCare Services, we offer a variety program opportunities for our Aides to achieve their most ambitious career objectives. You will also find competitive salary/benefits, a team incentive bonus, great co-workers and a work environment where employees are respected and a job well done is appreciated. Whether you are interested in working part time or full time, we would like to hear from you.
As a Home Health Aide your essential duties are as follows:
- Assist patients with personal care needs: bathing, elimination needs, transferring, dressing /undressing, and ambulation together with any household task (e.g., making bed, changing linens, laundry, light housekeeping, etc.) essential to the patient’s health in accordance with the patient’s individualized care plan.
- Plan/prepare nutritious meals and assist in feeding patients as directed.
- Document services provided in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with company policy and personal care plan. Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Measure and record patient’s temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered and/or directed by the RN Supervisor and personal care plan.
- Report any changes in the patient’s condition or incidents to RN Supervisor or therapist in a timely manner.
- Carry out other duties that may be assigned.
- Competitive Salaries
- Time and half pay for Holidays
- Time and half for overtime pay
- Health Benefits and more.
- Education and Training
- Positions are available in Nassau County, Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx
- Hourly and Live-In assignments are currently open
- Flexible Schedules Available – weekdays, weekends, days and nights
- Male and Female applicants are welcomed to apply
- Home Health Aide (HHA) certificate issued by a NY State certified program, required or depending on the position…
- Personal Care Attendant (PCA) certificate issued by a NY State certified program, required
- 3 – 6 months experience working with the elderly and/or disabled
- Subject to a background check
- Annual physical/PPD/MMR Drug Screening
- Minimum of 2 business references required
- Must speak and comprehend English
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Bilingual is a Plus (Spanish, Hindu, Korean, Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese, Min, Tawainese, Gan, Xiang, Hakka), Japanese, Greek, Punjabi, Urdu, Italian, Russian, etc.)
To apply, please feel free to visit our office in person. If you can’t stop by, please call us at 516-837-3388 or complete the form below. In the message section, please indicate the best days and times for you for an appointment. You can also just come to the Valley Stream office between 900 AM – 230 PM without an appointment.
Important – For quicker processing, please deliver in person or submit by mail, the following pieces of information to our Human Resources Department at Sara Companion HomeCare Services, 201 E. Merrick Road, Valley Stream, NY 11580 – Attn: Daura. Thank you.
Physical Exam Report (with a date of 1 year or less)
PPD, MMR and 8-10 Panel Drug Screening Reports
2 forms of ID
2 professional references
Resume or Employment History
Note: before moving forward, all candidates will receive a Criminal Background Check.
In Addition to Home Health Aides (HHAs), other Currently Open Positions at SARA include (please click link to download a full description):
If you wish to apply, please submit your information in the form below.
Sara Companion HomeCare Services is an equal opportunity employer.